Friday, February 28, 2014

Debi Shearwater Speaking at Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada

Howdy, Birders
This evening I will present a program, "40 Years of Seabirding" at the 
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories at 7 p.m.
What on earth am I doing in Yellowknife?
Well, I'm here for a week with seven friends, watching the AURORA BOREALIS!
We had a fantastic display last night and hope for more.
Of course, we are birding. Raven is the most common species, but we've also seen Black-billed Magpie, Canada Jay, Boreal Chickadee, Hoary Redpoll and House Sparrows. 
We've had several sightings of Red Fox and hope to strike out on an adventure to the south in hopes of finding the Wood Buffalo. We have also driven the Ice Road to Dettah on Great Slave Lake every day!
Did I say it has been COLD? Minus 49 C degrees with the wind chill last night. 
My eyelashes froze. 
Ravens Forever,
Debi Shearwater

No comments: