Monday, August 15, 2011

UPDATE: BODEGA BAY & FORT BRAGG TRIPS

Howdy, Seabirders,

This is an update regarding Shearwater Journeys'upcoming pelagic trips. Spaces are still available on the WED, AUG 17 pelagic trip, departing at 0630 from BODEGA BAY on the NEW SEA ANGLER. I spoke with the skipper tonight, who said that the marine forecast was good.

FORT BRAGG TRIPS: Depart at 0630 from NOYO HARBOR on the TELSTAR (NOT the Trek II). Try the Surf Motel in Fort Bragg, and say that you are with Debi Shearwater. They might still offer you a discounted room. More information on this blog report.

AUG 19: 3 spaces open
AUG 20: SOLD OUT
AUG 21: 1 space open
AUG 22: 8 spaces open

RESERVATIONS: Please email me with your name, address, cell phone. I will return your email to let you know IF you get on the trip, or not, when I can. If you do not hear from me, especially regarding the Fort Bragg trips, do not assume that you have a reservation. There is plenty of room on the Bodega Bay trip. Therefore, you will get on that trip, if you show up at the dock. Each trip is $196 per person + $10 fuel surcharge. Cash at the dock. Please do not send a check. I cannot be reached by phone. Obviously, I'm on the boat for each trip, and driving to the boats, on other days.

I sure hope that we find some Hawaiian Petrels! Kudos to the Santa Clara Valley Audubon folks who found a Hawaiian Petrel SSW of the Farallon Islands on August 13! See Dave Kutilek's images on his blog.

Below, I hope you will enjoy these incredible images by Tony Brake (copyright) from our August 12, Monterey Bay trip! I simply love the size comparisons!
Black-footed Albatross and Ashy Storm-Petrel, above.
Black-footed Albatross and Pink-footed Shearwater.
Check out those blue legs and fee on this Cassin's Auklet! Get out there!!

Shearwaters forever,
Debi Shearwater

No comments: